Gardens and Communal Areas

Our customers are responsible for maintaining their gardens both at the front and rear of their homes, including any hedges.

If you are finding it difficult to maintain your garden, please contact your neighbourhood co-ordinator who may be able to put you in touch with an organisation that can help.

Keeping Pets

Where practical we would like to allow customers to keep domestic pets, but recognise that the keeping of pets brings considerable responsibility, not only for the pet, but also for those in the surrounding area who may be affected by its presence.

We understand that not all homes are a suitable environment in which to house a pet. This is particularly relevant to the housing of cats and dogs in flats with shared entrances and communal areas.

Restriction for keeping pets

We will not generally give permission for keeping pets where the animal is likely to:

  • Cause damage or harm to the premises;
  • Represent a danger or hazard to other residents or visitors or are covered by the Dangerous Wild Animals Act (DWAA) of 1976;
  • Cause a nuisance to other tenants;
  • Adversely affect the re-letting of the premises or subsequent tenants.

TV Aerials and Satellite Dishes

If you live in a house or bungalow, our permission to erect TV aerials and satellite dishes will depend upon a number of conditions:

  • the reception equipment must be less than 70cm in diameter.
  • the equipment must be fixed on the side or rear of the property and mounted below the eaves.
  • the equipment must be either transparent or mesh.

If you live in a block of maisonettes or flats with no more than four homes and have your access to the ground floor, you will be able to install the equipment if you meet the above conditions.

If there is already a dish installed on the block then you may need to seek planning permission from Newcastle under Lyme Borough Council.

If you live in a block of flats that has a shared entrance or has more than four homes, you cannot install a dish or aerial.

For more information please contact your neighbourhood coordinator.

Insuring Your Home - Contents Insurance

Aspire Housing can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable.

While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called My Home arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, Aspire Housing tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover.