The Welfare Reform Act changed the way welfare benefits, including housing benefit, are paid.
The main customers affected are those:
- of working age, receiving housing benefit and under-occupying their home
- who receive housing benefit and have an adult who is not their partner living with them (non-dependant)
- currently receiving means tested benefits and housing benefit which is paid direct to their landlord
- receiving either Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance or contribution based Employment Support Allowance
- receiving a large amount of benefits (Benefits Cap)
- of working age that receive council tax benefit (Council Tax Support)