Quick Fix – We aim to resolve your complaint quickly by giving you the information that you need or taking action to put things right. If we can resolve your complaint as a quick fix we will do this within two working days.
Formal Complaint – When negative feedback requires a more detailed investigation and a written response this will be dealt with by a service manager. These complaints will usually be addressed within five working days however when this is not possible the manager will agree a response date with you.
Appeal – If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint you must log an appeal within 14 days of receiving your written response. A head of service will investigate all appeals.
Contact that will not usually be considered as a complaint includes:
• An initial request for action or a service, such as a repair request. This would only become a complaint if we did not deal with this effectively and efficiently.
• Anti-social behaviour and other neighbour issues; the Neighbourhood Team have procedures to deal with this.
What can I expect as a result?
It is likely that you can expect one or more of the following:
• An apology if we got it wrong
• An indication of what we will do to put something right
• A commitment to review how we do things
• An explanation as to why a complaint cannot be upheld